Covid Road Map Plan

Following on from the Governments Covid Road Map announcement yesterday, we finally feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel for life to return to some kind of normality by the end of the summer, and if everything goes to plan large events will hopefully be given the green light to start up again later this year.
Thank you to everyone who has sent positive, excited and happy messages in the past week enquiring about our plans for this year – we also saw a spike in ticket sales, which gave us a confidence boost showing that people still want to attend festivals this summer.
We had already set ourselves a deadline for the end of April 2021 (before yesterday’s positive Government recovery announcement). This was to be our cut off point for this year’s event when a decision would be made on the 2021 festival. We will be continuing to monitor and follow the governments restrictions guidelines as well as taking and seeking further advice from local authorities and other festival bodies over the next few months to be sure that we can present a safe event for you all in August.
As long as Step 4 on the Governments Road Map is achieved in the country at the timescale given, things do look positive, but there is no doubt that during these turbulent and challenging times there will be an awful lot of new criteria and regulations that we as organisers will have to implement into our event plan before festivals like ours get back on the right track for us all to enjoy again.
We will as always keep you all informed, we can now at last see exciting times ahead. Just carry on staying safe, well and hopefully (with fingers firmly crossed) we can welcome you all back to a sunny Watchet Festival this August.
There is no guarantee we will be able to host this years and will be reviewing and making the final decision at the end of May at the latest.
We have decided in the interim with high ticket sales rolled over from last year and the enquiry demand in eth past week to suspend any further ticket sales until we have definite answer.
01/03/2021